Detailed procedure to initiate the book project can be viewed HERE
Possible Questions and their Specific Answers
How to start and what is the procedure for editing a book?
Identify a specific area of your expertise and send your book proposal at email@example.com You should be sent an “Editor’s Package” to guide a step-by-step publication procedure.
Where from can I find Instructions for Authors?
Instructions for Authors are available at “Author’s Page”. Authors are also requested to consult FAQs for Authors section.
Is there any copyright transfer form?
All authors are required to complete and send the Copyright Transfer Form. This form is included in the Editor’s Package and in Author’s Package.
How to use figures or tables from previous publications?
It is the responsibility of each author to obey the Copyright Projection Act, which prohibits the use of published material without prior permission. Authors and Editors are requested to contact the appropriate agencies/journals for such permissions. Most of reputable journals and books are centrally handled by the Copyright Clearance Center: http://www.copyright.com/rightsholders/rightslink-permissions/
Do I need to prepare an index for the book?
Index in the book is an easy way for targeted browsing of the book contents. Though not obligatory, including an Index is recommended. If required, index can be included in the book by the publisher at the formatting stage of book publication process.
As an Editor, do I need to provide Preface and Forward?
“Preface” is brief introduction of the book and describes key features of the book usually provided by the Editor, whereas “Foreword” is an overview of the book to an expert in the field other than the editor or contributor of the book. It is recommended to include both, if possible, to provide readers the motivations and strengths of the book.
Will the Editor/Author design and prove the Book Cover?
The Book Cover is primarily designed and provided by the Formatting Department at the final stage of book publication, however, suggestions from the Editors or Authors are appreciated. It is possible to use figures or graphs from the book and in this case prior permission from authors will be taken.
How important is to meet deadlines?
Meeting deadlines is essential to complete the publication process fairly and smoothly. The most un-settled situation arises when some authors who have submitted their contributions in time and delay occurs due to other authors. To avoid any unfair and contentious scenarios, please adhere to a fixed deadline.
How can I submit contributions especially when their sizes are large?
It is requested that the Editor collect all files associated to a book project and submit at once to us. Detailed description on the formatting the manuscript is provided in “Editor’s Package” and in “Author’s Package”, briefly:
1. Please arrange the manuscripts in the order of their appearance in the book. For example label first chapter as “1. Smith et al. Ebola Virus”, figures as 1. Fig. 1 Smith, 1. Fig. 2 Smith and label table as 1. Table 1 and 1. Table 2. Please don’t abbreviate table.
2. Please prepare and send figures in PDF, TIFF or JPEG highest quality possible (>300 dpi). High-resolution images are key to the quality and visibility of the book. Please communicate to your authors to avoid compression of the files or to reduce the sizes as this may compromise the quality of images.
3. Define one corresponding author per chapter who will take all responsibilities for future correspondence and provide a functional email address.
4. Please provide a short description of the book as Back Cover (roughly 200 words) for marketing and promotion.
5. Please provide the signed Copyright Transfer Forms and Permissions Forms (if applicable for pre-published figures) for each manuscript.
Your can transfer the book project files by one of the following methods:
1. Email: Use DropSend (http://www.dropsend.com) free public server by 3 simple steps. 1. Select email firstname.lastname@example.org and title of the book as subject, 2. Choose File (please ZIP the files first), and 3. Click on “Send Your File”. At the end of file upload, a link will be generated under “Download Link”. Please copy this link and send to us at email@example.com
2. FTP: Alternatively, you may like to use our dedicated FTP server, in this case please request login credentials (username and password) and instructions.
How would I know that my book files are reached safely?
Upon successful completion of file transfer, you will be notified and would be contacted if any further information were required.
When and if I would get the proof of the book?
Once the formatting process is completed, each chapter will be sent to corresponding authors, identified and provided by the Editor, for galley proof. Editor will be CCed in every email and correspondence with the author. After all authors have provided their corrected proofs, the entire work file will be sent to Editor for final check. At this stage only minor changes (i.e. typographical errors or essential corrections) will be incorporated. Editors/Authors are requested to please incorporate changes are instructed in the instructions and return files within the set deadlines.